skip to Main Content

Transfer Admissions

Students from other universities may apply for transfer to a UP campus after earning 33 academic units in another school with a weighted average of 2.00 or better on the UP marking system. Information regarding transfer procedures to UP may be obtained from the Office of the University Registrar of the respective UP campuses.

Shiftees are defined as:

  • Students from a campus or Constituent University (CU) (e.g. UP Manila) who wish to enroll in another college (e.g., Dentistry to Pharmacy) of the same campus; or
  • Students from within a college who wish to get into a degree program other than that which they were originally qualified for (e.g., B.S. Pharmacy to B.S. Industrial Pharmacy of the College of Pharmacy).

Transferees are defined as:

  • Students from another Constituent University (e.g. UP Los Baños) who wish to enroll in UP Manila; or
  • Students from another university who want to enroll in UP Manila.


  1. Students from another university must have passed at least thirty three (33) academic units while students from other Constituent University must have passed at least thirty (30) collegiate academic units. A student who has already earned more than 90 units, or is affected by the Maximum Residency Rule (MRR) of the University, shall no longer be eligible for shifting or transferring.
  2. The applicant who wants to transfer must meet not only the minimum General Weighted Average (GWA) of the University (2.00) but shall also satisfy the other admission requirements of the College of Pharmacy.
    1. Accepts transferees from other schools with a GWA of 1.75 or better and shiftees/transferees from UP campuses with a GWA of 2.00 or better.
    2. Accepts second degree applicants: non-UP graduate with a GWA of 2.25 or better and UP graduate with a GWA of 2.50 or better.
    3. Qualified applicants will be ranked according to the criteria (school of origin, GWA, present course, grades in computational sciences and chemistry and reason for transfer) set by the College and will be interviewed by the College Committee on Admissions and Scholarships.


  1. Accomplish the Undergraduate Admission Application form (one copy per course application only).
  2. In a brown envelope, submit to the Office of the University Registrar the following documents together with the completed application form:
    1. Official Transcript of Records (for 2nd degree applicants only) or True Copy of Grades (for continuing students) properly authenticated/signed by the Registrar/Dean and the grading system of the school attended; TOR or TCG must be complete up to the last term of schooling
    2. Certificate of good moral character from either the Dean/College Secretary/Faculty Member of the school currently enrolled in
    3. Official Receipt of Application Fee issued by the UP Manila Cashier
    4. One (1) 2 x 2 picture

Return Service Agreement

The College of Pharmacy is covered by the Return Service Agreement. The RSA is an absolute admission requirement for the accepted applicants to the above-mentioned colleges. The agreement states that the student shall serve in the Philippines within five years after graduation. For more information regarding RSA, click this link: CP Return Service Agreement.

Back To Top