On September 2-3, 2017, the Department of Pharmacy of the College of Pharmacy in collaboration with the Young Pharmacist Group Philippines conducted a 12 unit 2 days CPD program entitled “Junior Faculty Mentoring and Enhancement Seminar Workshop”. The program, which was held at Hotel Kimberly, Pedro Gil St., Manila, aimed to enhance the competency of junior faculty of pharmacy in teaching in an outcome based curriculum as well as practicing pharmacists in their ability to mentor their interns and younger colleagues. At the end of the 2 days seminar participants were able to
- create statement of teaching philosophy that is aligned with the principles of outcome-based education (OBE),
- translate the OBE curriculum to a relevant and functional syllabus and instructional design,
- enhance their competence in delivery and in making their teaching and learning materials and manuals,
- plan a fair student evaluation by mastering the principles of test construction and analysis, and
- facilitate a formal mentoring program in the partner academic institution.
Assistant Professor Sheila May Nacabu-an, RPh, MHPEd and Assistant Professor Margarita Gutierrez RPh, MHPEd served as the speaker and facilitator for the 30 participants comprised of community pharmacists, hospital pharmacists, academicians, industrial pharmacists, and public health pharmacists. The program was a success based on the workshop outputs and post event evaluation of the program.