In 1910, a Pharmacy course was commissioned by the then UP President, Dr. Murray Bartlett. This led to the creation of a Pharmacy Department under the College of Liberal Arts. In February 12, 1914, the management of the Pharmacy program was transferred to the College of Medicine. The School of Pharmacy was then created, followed by the establishment of an independent Department of Pharmacy and Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry in 1916. In 1951, the BS Industrial Pharmacy program was instituted in response to the growth of the local pharmaceutical industry. This was followed by the institution of the Department of Industrial Pharmacy to manage the BS Industrial Pharmacy program.